Saturday, October 13, 2012

SILK PRINTING TEST

SILK HABOTAI; ORGANZA; CHARMEUSE GROUPED INTO 4 ROWS FOR INK AID (3) AND DIGITAL GROUNDS(1) TREATMENT
I have been seeking to add silk to my Arbutus(Madrona) series as a top layer to replace the Tyvek layer.  Tyvek has such good definition while taking well to  my burning and carving manipulation.However, I would like to  explore the different silks which  will take on  whole different qualities that I haven't even thought of yet. So I can't wait to start using the silks I have printed!  
The silks I have used are from Maiwa (online from Vancouver,B.C.)--3 different weights:-Habotaii; Organza; Charmeuse.  Organza is the most transparent while the Charmeuse proved to be the least transparent but the easiest to treat! 
Ink Aid was used in three of the four treatments I applied (to one side only):-
White Matte; Clear Matte; Clear Semi-Gloss. 
Golden Clear Digital grounds were used for the 4th treatment. 
  
I have results that I will post on another blog so stay tuned!  

No comments:

Post a Comment